Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 13, 2012

Antique post office fixtures

I'm having to take a little break from working on houses. Last week I fell not once but two times 4 days apart while carrying my dog inside, on the same step , although I hit the right side the first time and the left side the 2nd. You know how, when you are carrying a small being your body adapts to protect it ( in this case a powderpuff Chinese Crested )? I'm thinking my ribs did that on the side of the brick step . The good news is that we are both perfectly okay, though I am very sore and lazy. If you've seen the movie "Groundhog Day" you know the feeling I had as I fell the 2nd time. I remember thinking, " Really?" "Again?"

And the look Josey The frou frou gave me gave away very similar thoughts!

Instead of working, I'm researching and planning. There is a wonderful antique post office counter I 'd like to copy in Forest, Virginia, not far from me. I'm going to have to go photograph it, as I can't find anything like it online. It is still in use, but is located in an antique shop which used to be a general store.

This is the closest I could come to what I remember.

I'll try to get out to see the one near me this weekend - I'm hoping it will live up to my memory of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Especially if you have ideas or suggestions!